Unemployment and Layoff Assistance
City of Los Angeles - Economic & Workforce Development Dept
L.A. Chamber Business Resource Page
Resources for Restaurant Industry Owner's and Employee's
C.A. Chamber Business Resource Page
Local Initiatives Support Corporation
South Los Angeles BusinessSource
It's going to take all of us working together to get through this crisis. Please allow us to help you.
On this page there are several links to resources that may be helpful during this crisis. After submitting the contact sheet below, one of our COVID-19 Disaster Relief Consultants will contact you directly. After your initial consult, our consultant can assist you in developing an emergency strategic outline to address your needs.
What You Need to Know About the
California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program that
A small business or small nonprofit must satisfy the following criteria to be eligible to receive a grant award:
1. Must meet the definition of an “eligible small business”. An “eligible small business” means (i) a “small business” (sole proprietor, independent contractor, 1099 work, and or registered “for-profit” business entity (e.g., C-corporation, S-corporation, limited liability company, partnership) that has yearly gross revenue of $2.5 million or less (but at least $1,000 in yearly gross revenue) based on most recently filed tax return) or (ii) a “small nonprofit” (registered 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) nonprofit entity having yearly gross revenue of $2.5 million or less (but at least $1,000 in yearly gross revenue) based on most recently filed Form 990)
2. Active businesses or nonprofits operating since at least June 1, 2019
3. Businesses must currently be operating or have a clear plan to re-open once the State of California permits re-opening of the business
4. Business must be impacted by COVID-19 and the health and safety restrictions such as business interruptions or business closures incurred as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
5. Business must be able to provide organizing documents including 2018 or 2019 tax returns or Form 990s, copy of official filing with the California Secretary of State, if applicable, or local municipality for the business such as one of the following: Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Organization, Fictitious Name of Registration or Government-Issued Business License
6. Business must be able to provide acceptable form of government-issued photo ID
7. Applicants with multiple business entities, franchises, locations, etc. are not eligible for multiple grants and are only allowed to apply once using their eligible small business with the highest revenue
1. Businesses without a physical location in California
2. Nonprofit businesses not registered as either a 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6)
3. Government entities (other than Native American tribes) or elected official offices
4. Businesses primarily engaged in political or lobbying activities (regardless of whether such entities qualify as a 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6))
5. Passive businesses, investment companies and investors who file a Schedule E on their personal tax returns
6. Churches and other religious institutions (regardless of whether such entities qualify as a 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6))
7. Financial businesses primarily engaged in the business of lending, such as banks, finance companies and factoring companies
8. Businesses engaged in any activity that is illegal under federal, state or local law
9. Businesses of a prurient sexual nature, including businesses which present live performances of a prurient sexual nature and businesses which derive directly or indirectly more than de minimis gross revenue through the sale of products or services, or the presentation of any depictions or displays, of a prurient sexual nature
10. Businesses engaged in any socially undesirable activity or activity that may be considered predatory in nature such as rent-to-own businesses and check cashing businesses
11. Businesses that restrict patronage for any reason other than capacity
12. Speculative businesses
13. Businesses of which any owner of greater than 10% of the equity interest in it (i) has within the prior three-years been convicted of or had a civil judgment rendered against such owner, or has had commenced any form of parole or probation (including probation before judgment), for commission of fraud or a criminal offense in connection with obtaining, attempting to obtain, or performing a public (federal, state or local) transaction or contract under a public transaction; violation of federal or state anti-trust or procurement statutes or commission of embezzlement, theft, forgery, bribery, falsification or destruction of records, making false statements, or receiving stolen property, or (ii) is presently indicted for or otherwise criminally or civilly charged by a government entity, (federal, state or local) with commission of any of the offenses enumerated in subparagraph (i) above
14. “Affiliated” companies (as such term is defined in 13 C.F.R. § 121.103)
15. Multiple business entities, franchises, locations, etc. are not eligible for multiple grants and are only allowed to apply once using their eligible small business with the highest revenue
WHAT BUSINESS INFORMATION IS NEEDED?
• Business Phone Number
• Business Name
• Zip Code of Business
WHAT OWNER INFORMATION IS NEEDED?
• Owner First Name
• Owner Last Name
• Owner E-mail
• Owner Address City, State, Zip Code, and County
• Owner Birthday
• Owner Social Security
• % of Ownership
ADDITIONAL BUSINESS INFO NEEDED
• Business Name
• DBA (if applicable)
Note: If your business does not have a
DBA, type “NONE” in this field.
• Business EIN
• Business Phone Number
• Business Type
• State of Incorporation
• Business Address, City, State, Zip Code, and
• Business Start Date
• Business Website
Note: If your business does not have a website, type “none.com” in this field
GRANT IMPACT INFO NEEDED
• Purpose of Grant
• Amount Requested
Note: The grant amount you can request is based on your annual
• Will this Grant create new jobs?
• Annual Revenue
• # of Full-Time Employees
• # of Part-Time Employees
• # of Jobs Created
• # of Jobs Retained
MISC INFORMATION NEEDED
• Who is your customer base?
• What does your business do? What type of
business is it?
• Tell us more.
• NAICS Code
• Women Owned Business?
NEW PPP!!! How do I prepare?
You’ll need to gather the following information to apply for Paycheck Protection Program loan:
Articles of incorporation for each borrowing entity and by-laws or operating agreement for each borrowing entity
A list of owners who hold at least a 20% stake in your company and copies of their drivers licenses
Payroll expense verification documents
IRS forms 940 and 941
Payroll summary report with corresponding bank statements
Form 1099-MISC (if you’re an independent contractor)
Breakdown of payroll benefits (vacation, allowance for dismissal, group healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, etc.)
Certification that all employees live within the United States and a list of employees who do not live in the U.S. and their salaries
Trailing 12-month profit and loss statement (as of the date of application) for all applicants
Most recent mortgage or rent statement and utility bills
Updated SBA EIDL Guidelines:
Please note that these events are unprecedented and all procedures are still adhoc in nature.
Prepare your online application and financial documentation in accordance to the Guide to the SBA Disaster Loan Program our partners have posted online https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RNj14GYYwMAWLrspzCKXKcoCEQVLLwdB7jz1_-j8N14/edit
Step 2: Review a sample loan application that our partners have provided here
Step 3: Submit your online application at: https://covid19relief.sba.gov/
Step 4: Download and complete the additional forms indicated on the Guide;
Step 5: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a secure link to upload your documentation.
Step 6: Schedule a call at www.worldbridgela.com to ask any questions and have one of our partners review your package.
We’ll keep you updated as we learn more.
Due to the high volume of requests for assistance, please reach out to schedule a consult with one of our consultants by submitting the contact form below. Feel free to email us directly if your request is urgent.